Within the TEFAT community it is accepted that every person is equally important and that no one has the right to harass, insult, attack, or cause offence to any other person for any reason. All members of the trust are individuals, but are also members of a community where it is possible to learn from each other and celebrate the culture and beliefs of each person (Equality and Diversity Policy – TEFAT).
Eyrescroft Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers receiving services from the school, irrespective of race, gender, disability, religion and belief, or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and able to participate fully in school life.
‘The achievement of pupils will be monitored by race, gender and disability and we will use this data to support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching. We will tackle discrimination by the positive promotion of equality, challenging bullying and stereotypes and creating an environment which champions respect for all. We believe that diversity is a strength, which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit here.’
Information about the school
Context (January 2017)
- Eyrescroft is a larger than average primary school and there are currently 363 pupils on role.
- Mobility at the school is high and this is resulting in an ever changing community.
- There are currently 24 languages represented within the school.
- 22% of pupils are eligible for free school meals.
- 33% are eligible for pupil premium.
- 51% are girls and 49% are boys.
- 3% have a disability
- 11.6% SEND, 11% SEN Support and 0.6% EHC Plan/ Statement
- There are currently 5 recorded religions/beliefs. Christian, Church of England, Muslim, Roman Catholic and Hindu.
Eyrescroft Equality Objectives
Under the public sector equality duty (PSED) the school is required to set measurable equality objectives.